Wednesday, September 15, 2010

We are here!!!

Just a quick update to let everyone know we have safely made the move to Indianapolis! Andy drove our van and we hired a company that drove the moving truck for us! I had the luxury of flying out with my kids after Andy and the truck arrived! My mom and sister came out with me on the flight, which was a huge help. They also stayed a few days to help unpack and wrangle the kids while we got settled. I was able to finally see my house in person, which was so much fun! We absolutely LOVE IT! The town we are living in is called Noblesville, which is a suburb of Indianapolis. It is about 20 minutes north of the City. Our house is right on a golf course, in fact our backyard is the Golf course! It is so beautiful here, green and lots of trees. We are so close to many of the ammenities we are used to in Utah, shops restaraunts, etc.

Dallin was able to start preschool right away, which is great for him. He goes 3 times a week, twice for 4 hours and the other day for 2.5 hours. He loves it already and I am glad he has something to keep him busy! I met a girl from the ward who already invited me to a weekly "potluck" for stay at home mom's. I am so excited, it is tomorrow and I will get to meet some new friends! The kids have adjusted so well, they are already totally used to Eastern Time, which I was totally nervous about.

Andy hasn't really started work yet. He should be getting his new laptop with all the programs he needs on Thursday, and then he can dive into work!

Overall we have been loving it! It still feels like a bit of a vacation, but I think I can get used to it here! We cant wait until Sunday when Andy's parents come out (they drove our other car). It will be fun to spend some time with them! I will post some pictures of our house shortly!

4 comments:

Jeni Jo said...

I feel terrible that I didn't get you called before you left Utah. Sounds like you guys are starting on the right foot for you new adventure. Wish you the best of luck and keep me updated with you blog. I love it!

Todd and Jenn said...

So happy for you Ashley! Missed you at Bunco though. Can't wait to see pictures of your new home.

Foster Mom said...

can't wait for the pictures. i still can't believe you are gone. miss you already!!

The Spicers said...

I can't believe ya'll moved! Krissy told me that you were leaving. I hope that things are going well for you all in your new city and home! So excited for you!