Monday, October 18, 2010

Newport, Kentucky Aquarium

One benefit to living in Indy is we are just a few hours away from many nearby cities with great attractions! We wanted to drive in to Cincinnati and Kentucky so we found this great aquarium that is located right on the levy in Newport, Ky which is just across the Ohio River. We ate lunch at a great pizza place and then spent the afternoon at the aquarium. It was awesome and there were some really great exhibits! After the aquarium, we spent some time driving around Cincinnati and Andy showed me some of the places he lived when he was serving his Mission! He lived right downtown in a couple different apartments, and I tell ya, I wouldnt want to be caught walking around those streets. Pretty scary stuff. Then we headed to a city called Batesville, In which is another area he served. We found his old apartment there too! That sure was a cute little town, located just an hour from Indy! Crazy how life has brought us back to this area! Here are some pics from that day!



The view into downtown Cincinnati from Kentucky


The highlight of the day was when I got attacked by a bunch of Parrots! We entered a part of the aquarium where they let the birds fly around freely in the atrium. We were allowed to feed the birds with these tiny little cups full of some sort of liquid. I held mine up towards a tree when suddenly the bird I was trying to feed jumped right onto my arm. It was pretty cool until the other few birds came flocking over and landed right on my head! It was HILARIOUS! I was dying, and total strangers were taking my picture! To make it even worse, the birds were pooping all over me, it was quite disgusting, but seriously funny. Dallin and Andy sure got a kick out of it. Not sure why I became the landing pad for the birds, but it made for a good story!




Claire LOVES fish! It was one of her first words, so you can only imagine the joy she experienced walking through this aquarium. Love her!

0 comments: