Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Life in the slow lane

One of the things I am LOVING about living in Indiana is the fact that my life has become much simpler. We used to juggle both our jobs, run from grandparent's house to grandparent's house, from barbeques at a friend's house to birthday gatherings at another friends house. On weekends it was always, "who should we call"? Dont get me wrong, I absolutley loved ALWAYS having so much to do. But, I think I got caught up in it a little bit. Okay, a lot. After moving away it's made me realize just how C R A Z Y our life used to be. My poor kids didn't hardly get to bed before 9, I was never home to cook dinner, I had no schedule as far as cleaning or maintaining my house etc. but looking back, I didn't really know any different.That's how it has always been. Now my life is simple. It's quiet. It's organized. It's peaceful. It's MINE. I love it. I love that it's 7:40 pm and the kids are sound asleep and have been for about 20 minutes. I love that I get to go curl up on the couch with my amazing hubby, sip on a diet coke, munch on some popcorn and watch our "shows". Ahhh, so nice.

Life in the fast lane is fun, crazy and full of adventure, but sometimes it's good to pull over, and take a ride in the slow lane and enjoy the scenery.

3 comments:

Becca Jane said...

So tell me your new cleaning and maintaining your home schedule, cuz I'd LOVE to hear it! Glad you're loving it so much out there!

Kassie said...

Good Ash. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. It made me feel even more better... is that correct grammar? Whatever. Anyway, Primary's was awesome and I could tell you would have fit perfectly there! This whole thing has made me REALLY want to be a stay at home mom!! I happy for you and your life in the slow lane!! I hope to be there someday! Thanks again!

Wendy Kremin said...

I'm so happy for you guys Ashley, and glad you are enjoying life in the "slow lane." the best thing we ever did was move away from Utah, family and comfort zone, and make it on our own. We learned some really wonderful things and loved it. Your family is absolutely beautiful.