Monday, October 20, 2008

We're Growing!

That's right, you guessed it. We are having baby #2. We are so excited, and nervous all at the same time. It has been quite the journey getting to this point. Here is a brief summary of events:
*it started out with me not having a monthy cylce for over 6 months (kind of a necessity when trying to conceive)
*I went to my OB to get some tests done, we soon determined I have Hashimoto's Disease which we figured linked to my infertility
*I got treated for my thyroid issue, but still no cycle
*after 10 months total now, I saw my OB again to discuss further options
* I was prescribed Prevera and CLOMID!
* I filled my Prevera (manually start my cycle) but bought a pregnancy test just one more time to be sure. THis was probably my 10th test.
* Came home and took the test before starting my pills
* The test revealed a FAINT line. I immediately went into some sort of shock period
* I called Lacy and sent her a picture text of the test for a second opinion, and went and bought a second test which again, had a faint line
* the next day at work I got a blood test to confirm that I truly was Prego!

And that is how the events unfolded leading to this wonderful event. I am so happy that I didnt have to deal with the whole infertility battle with CLomid and In Vitro and all that Jazz. I am just happy to be at this point. My official Due Date is May 26, which puts me at just about 9 weeks. I go for my first appointment next week, so we will see if the due date is accurate or not. Yeah!

15 comments:

Talia Jensen said...

Congrats Ashley! I am excited for you!

Jen Lee said...

That is Awesome! I am so excited for your growing family! Dallin will make such a great big brother!

Becca Jane said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOO excited for you Ashley! CONGRATS! (Picture me jumping up and down shouting for you!!) I'm so glad things worked out! I hope you're feeling okay!

Kassie said...

CONGRADS ASH, ANDY, AND BIG BRO DAL!!

The Sylvia's said...

Woo hoo! Even though I already knew, I am WAY excited. Can't wait to see what our next kiddies look like...especially since people already think Dallin and Lyla are siblings. Yay!

Whit said...

That is so exciting for you and Andy! I know how exhausting and frustrating trying for forever can be. How fun and great you didn't have to do CLOMID that stuff sucks! Hope to see you sometime soon.

Mandy said...

Yeah Ashley!!!I am so excited for you. I know how frustrating this whole things has been for you. So it's so nice to see it all work out. Dallin is adorable, can't wait to see another little cutie.

Johnny and Kaley said...

Congratulations you guys!!! That is soooo exciting! How are you feeling? Any morning sickness? Well, we are thrilled for you and would really love to get together sometime soon! Give us a call when you can! Congrats!!

Jenny said...

YIPPIE!!

Leslie said...

Congratualtions Ashley! How exciting to add another to your cute family.

Meghan Hendrix said...

Yay! How exciting is that?!? I'm glad that in the end everything worked out and you didn't have to have any more stress and frustration. (um remember how you are going to have two little ones :D)

The Green's said...

Yeah!!!! I am so excited for you!!! I am so glad things have worked out for you and you have been able to get all the medical stuff figured out! Can we seriously go to lunch? I know i bailed the last time we were suppose to go but we really need to plan again. CONGRATS!!!!

Kip and Lindsay said...

YAY! You are such a great mommy! Thanks for all your posts! :0)

Lloyd Family said...

Congratulations! That is exciting news!!

The Durr's said...

yay that is so exciting!!