Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My baby is 1!

I think most parents naturally get a bit sad when their "baby" turns 1. Well, I am no exception. Claire had her 1st birthday (pictures coming soon) on June 11. I cannot believe how fast this past year has gone, and I am so happy for the joy that she brings to our little family each day. She has been such a good baby so far, and I hope that pattern continues into her toddler years! Here are a few things to know about Claire at 1:

* 20 lbs exactly
* 29 inches
* 10 teeth (2-3 more cutting through soon)
* She started walking on her birthday!!!
* She babbles a lot, but loves saying "da da" "hi" "weee" "dog dog" and her version of "Dallin"
* Sleeps through the night consistently now (this just happened last week since I stopped nursing)
* Loves almost any food
* Drinks only whole milk in a bottle and water, doesn't really like any other liquid
* She is a MONKEY... climbs onto anything she can, chairs, beds, stools and stairs
* She loves putting things where they go, like lids on pans or cup, straws in the lids, electrical plugs in their proper outlet etc.
* She is the biggest Mama's Girl around!
* She is our tan girl, with huge dark dark eyes
* She has the happiest disposition, is hardly ever sad
* She talks herself to sleep for about 15 minutes every time
* Bath time is pure heaven
* Bows are basically non existant in our lives, she REFUSES to keep one in
* She is very giving, anytime she finds something on the floor she brings it right over to me. Or, when she is eating she takes pieces out of her mouth to "Share"
* She has given me more than one heart attack, one ER visit, one surgery, and multiple doctor visits! Second Child Syndrome I guess.
* She is very smart, I can tell
* She is brave, but cautious and very aware of her surroundings
* She is my sweet angel and I am so blessed to have her as my daughter

Love you baby Claire!

1 comments:

rachel june* said...

Happy 1st Birthday to your Claire! She is the cutest with some of the best big brown eyes ever to exist!!!