Tuesday, June 1, 2010

FREEDOM

I have officially weaned Claire. I am not really emotional about it, she could really care less, which is a bonus. I still give her a few bottles of formula a day, until she is 1 in a few weeks when I can really start the "whole milk" fiasco. Not too excited about that, so far the times I have tried giving it to her she just lets it run right out of her mouth and stares at me like, "what the he*% is this mom?" Oh well, I guess we will figure it out eventually. All I can say is, I wont be sad to throw this sucker right in the G A R B A G E

Yeah, I pumped for a whole year with this manual pump. I know it was only 2-3 times a week but I think I developed arthritis in my hand as a result. We were too poor at the time to invest in a nice double electric pump (wish I would have looking back) so I settled for the manual. Oh well, it served it's purpose and now I am free!

Overall, I loved nursing. I wasn't able to with Dallin, so it was a nice experience! I had no problems what so ever, and it was sure a good way to save some $$$! I am not a huge "pro nurser" because I know it is not for everyone, but I will say it was amazing and I am glad it worked out for me and my little Claire!

2 comments:

The Sylvia's said...

good for you!!! weaning is amazing, though i am sure you don't regret one second that you nursed her. i miss it sometimes, because it means grey is big enough to get along without me...sigh.

but that pump is truly lame. glad you got rid of it!

Leslie said...

Someone told me before I had my first that insurance often covers a nice high end electric pump. When I called my insurance to ask they said yes and all I had to do was get a prescription for it from my pediatrician. Check into that with your next! Your kids are absolutely beautiful!