Monday, September 21, 2009

Update on reality

Work so far has been amazing. I feel like I am there just enough to get out of the house, spend time with my lovely co workers and do a little life saving. Claire has handled being away from me just fine, which was the thing I was most concerned about. She takes the bottle like a champ and goes down easily for her naps. Dallin is absolutely LOVING preschool and he practically runs in every time! All in all the "back to work" thing has all been relatively easy. The PCMC clinic at Riverton is opening in November and for those who dont know I will be working out there. It will be a good change of pace and of course it is closer to our house so my commute cuts in half. I'm excited but nervous, because running a brand new clinic will definitely have its challenges!

On another note, I took Dallin in for his 3 year checkup today. I cant believe he is so old, it still boggles my mind. He weighs 32 lbs. which puts him right in the 50%. He is 38" which is the 75%. I was glad to hear he is growing well. I talked with the doctor about his sleep problems (he wakes up 2-3 times every single night). She referred us to go see an ENT to look at his tonsils and adenoids. Sometimes they are enlarged which causes obstructive sleep apnea. Basically they stop breathing in the night, and then it wakes them up... They never really get into the deep REM sleep and then they become super hyperactive during the day as a result. All of the signs (including mouth breathing and snoring which he does most of the time) make the doctor suspicious. I guess it is pretty common and removing them is the only cure. Most of these kiddos have a great response and the sleeping problems usually resolve. I am anxious to see what the ENT says. Is it bad to say I hope that he does have this problem so that it can be fixed. I sure would like a good nights sleep sometime soon! I will let you all know what the doc says next wednesday!

1 comments:

The Sylvia's said...

hope you figure it out ash! you both deserve a good night's rest!