Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Talk-a-holic

My cute little baby (17 months old) is talking like a 4 year old. Dallin is at a point where he tries to repeat everything you say. It is so adorable, especially since he is so little. I am quite impressed to say the least. I don't really know if he is necessarily "ahead of the gang" but he sure seems to be learning so much really fast (well he is his mother's child...j/k) He also is remembering things so well. The other day we were sitting up in the family room and he went and grabbed our barstools and moved them to the middle of the room. Then he went and got our big blanket and tried to put the blanket on top of the barstools. I wondered what the heck he was doing, and then it dawned on me... about four months ago I had made a fort with the barstools and the blanket. How in the world did he remember that, and why right then? He is so funny. I love being a mom.

5 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Nate and I were cracking up at how smart he is! Nate kept trying to get him to say funny things like "chicken nugget." I just loved how everytime I asked him something he's say "yeah" or "okay". Too cute.

Becca Jane said...

Ashley, I have to tell you....last night nate asked me when I'm babysitting Dallin again. I told him I wasn't sure and he goes, "Oh, you aren't watching him every week? Darn, I like Dallin, he's cool!" Cute.

Ashley S. said...

That's cute! Well any time you want to watch him feel free... j/k
Lets plan a day next month. Oh I am off three of the four mondays in february so lets go play!!

Becca Jane said...

Oh Let's! Where do you want to go? Should I wait and do the aquarium when we can go together? Maybe this Monday we'll just explore the library or something.

Carly said...

He's so cute. He sounds pretty dang smart to me, Ash! You're right...just like his mama!