Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Once in a lifetime

So you know how people win great things on TV or off game shows and all of us losers at home think, man wouldnt that be great if that ever happened to me? Well, something pretty cool happened to us. No, we didnt win the lottery or even get chosen to go on some crazy reality TV show. We were given the opportunity to take a romantic getaway to San Martin, California, which is about 30 miles south of San Jose. One of the Blaze players that Andy is good friends with won a golf tournament recently. He received a two night stay at a luxurious resort nesteled in the hills of San Martin. The package included two rounds of golf and two spa packages. Sounds great, right? Well, because the Blaze is busy ending their season, this friend of Andy's was not able to use the package that expires the end of the month. He gave it to Andy. That is right, he GAVE it to Andy. Now the thing you arent getting is how AMAZING this place is. Just to give you an idea, to stay there ONE night normally is between $700-900. To play one round of golf is aroun $400. We had to get work off, book our flights, make arragements for Dalin, and find an availablility at the resort, but we were able to do it all. We leave this Sunday and come home Wednesday. It will be nice because we will get to go stay one night with my aunt and uncle who I dont get to see very often. They live just north of San Francisco (which is where we are flying into). Oh and of course we had to incorporate some sort of sporting event into the equation.... you know my hubby.... so Sunday we will be going to the San Francisco Giants vs. Oakland A's baseball game. It will be a blast. I am so excited to finally get a vacation alone with my cute hubby. Don't get me wrong, I will miss Dallin tons and am really nervous to leave him, but I am looking forward to some relaxing and pampering for a few days. Well, sorry about the long post, but I had to share my excitement. Here is a link to the resort so you can take a look if you would like. I will take lots of pictures and post when we get back!
www.cordevalle.com

9 comments:

The Sylvia's said...

That place looks like a dump! I can't believe you would go there!

Mandy said...

That is so awesome. I am totally jealous. Even better, you don't have to pay for it. Have a great time, be sure to tell us all about it when you get back.

Keely & Cory O. said...

WOW!! You are lucky, that sounds like so much fun!. Enjoy and relax with Andy.

Jenny said...

I agree with Lacy, looks like a pit..

Foster Mom said...

Jealous!!

Meghan Hendrix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meghan Hendrix said...

How fun is that!?! You guys are going to have such a good time. I'm not going to lie, I'm totally jealous!

KRISTINA said...

Have so much fun... I am totally envious.

Jen Lee said...

That is incredible! It was fun to watch Mike and Charlene on Sunday during Sacrament meeting with Dallin!