Monday, February 23, 2009

Kids.....

Lately after reading some of my friends blogs I have been pondering something that Andy and I often disagree on... the number of kids we want. Before we were married, or I should say before we had Dallin we both said we wanted 4 kids. I come from a small family and thought it would be so fun for my kids to have lots of siblings. After we had Dallin, Andy was sure that he only wanted one more. I disagreed, saying mainly that I could not know for sure that I was finished until after our second was born. Well like I said before, I have been reading some blogs seeing people doing all of these really fun things... skiing, going on vacations, hiking, etc etc etc. Basically doing all of the things I cant do because I am either pregnant or our kids are too young to do. The more I think about it, the more I just want two kids. Dont get me wrong, I am not saying this for selfish reasons only. Its not like I am dying to get back on the slopes or be "kid free" its just that I want to enjoy these kinds of things with my kids, not without them. That is the main reason we decided to have kids early. I seriously want to be an active family, camping, hiking, traveling, sports, basically anything fun and adventerous. Sometimes I feel like having more than two kids would limit our options basically because everything these days is so expensive. I had only one sister growing up, and because it was just the four of us we were very lucky to have 100% of our parents attention all the time. They came to every single one of our soccer games, out of town tournaments, and aside from all that, we went on one major vacation a year with my parents. How fun! I know we were lucky, and I just hope that I can share these wonderful times with my babies! Of course, I would love a house full of kids, especially when I am old. Those of you who have lots, or want lots that is awesome, and I commend you for doing so. I just know that for us, smaller is better! I guess after Claire is born I will re assess the situation, cuz you never know, there may be more in the cards for us!

3 comments:

Whit said...

I wouldn't say you are being selfish I think that every family is different that's what makes life interesting! You just have to do what you and your spouse think is best. It would be fun if we all could get together again soon. I enjoyed getting to know you alittle bit better last time!

Jen Lee said...

I think that is awesome. I also think that there are benefits to every size family and that our families aren't supposed to fit into any kind of standard or norm. We all just do what is best for us and it works out!

The Durr's said...

There are only two of us in my family and I absolutely loved it :)