Friday, May 7, 2010

Nightmares?

Last night we experienced a first.. Dallin had a horrible night terror. It was about 11:00 and I was just dozing off when I heard Dallin crying in his room. I thought this was strange, because he normally would just come into our room if he woke up. So, I went in and found him sitting up in his bed screaming histerically. I picked him up and tried cuddling him on my lap, only to find that he was extremely aggitated. It seemed like he was in pain, so I thought maybe he had a stomach ache or something. His eyes were open so I assumed he was awake and alert, but just upset. After my failed attempts to soothe him I brought him into our room to see if Andy could help. Again, inconsolable. He laid in our bed and was tossing around like he was in excruciating pain. I kept asking him if his belly hurt and he said "yes". My first thought for all you x-ray peeps was "He has intususseption". Then we asked if he had a bad dream he said, "yes". I began to wonder if he was even hearing me. Then it dawned on me. This kid is still asleep. He was totally 100% asleep, eyes open and in the middle of a night terror. I got some cold water and rubbed it on his face, which did nothing. He started talking more about something random, still crying and rolling around. I could not wake this kid up for the life of me. I turned on the light and said his name really loud, it seemed like he snapped out of it suddenly. Then he jumped out of my arms and ran into the corner of the bathroom, crying. Then suddenly he bolted to the toilet and went to the bathroom... FOREVER. After that... totally fine. His normal self. Seriously, did that just happen. Was my son just having a nightmare AND had to pee so bad that he was trembling and couldnt hold still. It was quite the experience I must say, and I hope we dont have to go through any more nights like that any time soon!

1 comments:

rachel june* said...

what us moms go through during the night is almost as eventful as the day!!! sleep walking, talking, etc. scares me for whatever reason. poor dallin.