Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tribute to Mothers


With tomorrow being mother's day, I thought I would take some time to say how much I love being a mom. I know everyone always says that being the mom is the greatest, and you wont know until you have one of your own, but It is SOO true. I NEVER knew how much love I could have for someone until Dallin came along. Being a mom has taught me so much about myself and life, and I know it was my calling to become Dallin's mom. He is so amazing, smart, funny, sweet and loving. I have truly been tested and challenged during this last two years, but it is so worth it. I cannot wait to watch Dallin and any other Sylvia kids grow up and become independent. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful life. Also, I want to say some quick words about my own mom, who is the greatest! Thanks for always being such a kind, patient and amazing woman. Your example has truly helped me become who I am today, and taught me how to be the best mom I can. I love you! Lastly, Andy's mom, who has treated me like her own daughter from day one, is such a gentle, warm and loving person. What an example you have been to me and I appreciate all your generosity. Love you!

Now that was sappy... but oh well. What can I say, I am truly blessed.

My cute mom and Dad




Andy's Mom and Dallin


4 comments:

Becca Jane said...

What a great post! I love your little family! We need to IM soon, how did your appt go?
I miss you guys!

Meghan Hendrix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meghan Hendrix said...

Isn't it amazing how having a child yourself brings on so much repect for your own parents. I'm not an "official" mom yet, but having Mckoy in my life has brought me so much insight. I still find myself shocked all the time at how much this little person can affect me and how fast I came to love him more than I ever thought possible! He just brings so much joy into my life.

Jen Lee said...

The picture of you and Dallin is so sweet!