Monday, January 26, 2009

Emotions

I decided to write a bit about my emotions, considering they are all over the place lately. I think it is a combination of pregnancy, the winter blues and just plain exhaustion. Any time I watch TV I cry.. it doesnt really matter what it is, I find something in every show that just touches me. I feel like I have so much inside to relate to every single thing I see (is that even possible?) I know that I am fine, and being emotional is normal, but lately it is more than just "pregnancy". We have gone through a lot the past few months with Andy losing his job, figuring out how to make ends meet and what to do with our lives. Luckily, thing have a way of working themselves out and Andy now has two very flexible part time jobs which allows him to still go to school (the best blessing ever). On another note, I feel like we are the most boring people ever, and my poor son is cooped up all day with a crazy mom. I used to not hate winter, but lately I am INSANE. What do other people do with toddlers during the winter with no money? I need suggestions, play dates, ANYTHING. I just cant wait for the sun to shine and get our butts outside. That brings me to my next topic... my butt. I am 20 weeks pregnant and have gained oh, I think 8 or so lbs. I think that is good but I feel like the biggest whale lately. I just want to go running or go join a gym or something... of course the timing couldnt be more off. All I know is after this baby is born I am seriously getting into shape and I mean seriously. Sorry for ranting on my blog, but I dont really get to express myself tons. As for the good things going on (which there are many) I get to go to my 20 week ultrasound tomorrow. Hopefully she is still a she and we dont have to go return loads of baby stuff. I am excited to find out about her health, and see her. Like I said, we are doing much better with the job situation, whcih is a huge stress releif. Anyways, hope you guys are not bored to death now after reading this. Thanks!!

8 comments:

Becca Jane said...

COME PLAY!!! Cam is bored too, it's really tough keeping him entertained all day when Allie takes up SO much of my time. I can't wait for Spring so we can go outside!

Whit said...

Your doing good only 8 lbs. I didn't start to gain until then becuase I puke until about 23 weeks constantly but I seriously put on 60 lbs from weeks 24-38 with Brady. I know how you are feeling with all the ups and downs of life, money is tough and trying to do school makes it more complicated. You and Andy are wonderful people the Lord knows that and will bless you for it. Hang in there! Play dates are great for Kael even if it's once a week, it seems to make a difference for the both of us!

sorry this is a novel!

Johnny and Kaley said...

We would love to do dinner anytime. So when you feel like you need to get out of the house let us know.

MEGGandBOBBY said...

i am sorry, ash I wish that i could say I know how you feel. I have been going through a lot of emotional changes this past year and I have gone on and off of medication it just sucks because you know that is not you, you want to be your old self but you just cant.. but you are beautiful and you are going to have a little girl soon.. Maybe you should get a membership at golds with jenny and me and we can motivate each other... It was so good to see you the other night, and I love you and hope that everything works sooner rather than later...

Mandy said...

Hey Ashley sorry your feeling a little blue. I swear it must just be winter cuz this whole month I feel the same way. I hate feeling like you want to cry fro no reason..which has been a lot lately for me too. But I don't have the excuse of being pregnant. Plus you look great, I am sure when the baby is born you will bounce right back to your cute self.

Jen Lee said...

The Dinosaur park at South Towne mall is a great place to let kids run around crazy inside. Sometimes I will give the boys $0.75 and we will take a trip to Target (I will intentionally leave my debit card at home so I can't buy anything!) Anyway, I let them spend as much time as they want in the toy section~ we have spent over an hour there before. Then they get to the cany isle and pick out 1 candy to share after lunch. It is also pretty cheap to get a family membership to the aquarium and it's a great place to let them run around. We also go to the library.

It sucks being stuck inside to much in winter. I have a really hard time with it. We are always looking for something to do, so if you ever want to set up a play date let me know!

Meghan Hendrix said...

Oh wow, haha that totally sounds like my entire family! We are all so emotional, and we don't even have pregnancy to blame for it. Keep your head up! I promise things will get better. (and how neat is it that Andy is working for Real) I agree though, the weather needs to warm up, being cooped up inside is no fun!

The Green's said...

I love you Ash! I am sorry things have been a bit blue lately. We should get together just for fun one day when your off. I'm always up for getting out of the house. I would love to see you it's been a long (too long) while. I bet you look so cute prego. Hang in there things will work out and get better.