Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We're on the "Potty Train"

I decided it was probably time to potty train Dallin. He is almost 2 1/2, and he has been showing a lot of signs that he is ready. For the last few weeks while we were just home lounging around I would let Dallin run around either naked or in underwear. He was really good at going potty on his own, but I had never really cracked down and dedicated a few good days to it. This last weekend I made the decision to give it a go. We started Saturday morning and except for the first accident that very morning, it has been smooth sailing. I am so proud of my little man, and he is so proud of himself (which he should be). So far, it has been so easy and Dallin is taking to the idea wonderfully (I should not jinks it). I still put him in a diaper for naps and bed, but we went three full days of just underwear and he was dry all weekend. We even left the house for a bit on all three days which I was nervous for, but he was a trooper. Of course I had to go back to work today, so I am leaving it up to Andy and the Grandmas to take charge! GO DALLIN!

5 comments:

Becca Jane said...

LUCKY! Good job Dallin! That will be SO nice to have him totally trained well before your baby comes. Cam asks about the potty occasionally, but I can tell he's still far from ready.

KRISTINA said...

Nice Job!! Once again... Mr. Dallin rocks the toddler world. You lucky duck!

Jen Lee said...

Way to go! One tip for outtings~ keep a gallon sized zip lock bag with a pair of underware and pants in it in the trunk of the car, or your purse. That way~ if there is an accident you have some clean clothes and somewhere to put the wet ones until you get home. Go Dallin!!!

Kip and Lindsay said...

YAY...so exciting! How has he done with #2? We have trouble with that still.

Meghan Hendrix said...

Oh the joy of Potty Training... I'm so lucky I didn't have to deal with any of that with Mckoy!

Hey if you get a minute go check out a video I posted on my Blog, it think it will take you back to some of the good old days of the Brighton Girls and Alta Boys!