Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bye Bye Binkie... it's been real

The time has come that I have been DREADING for months now. We decided to take Dallin's binkie away this weekend, although it all happened without any planning. I have never really minded Dallin having a binkie. When he was little it soothed him, and as he got older he used it for sleeping which has always been an issue for him. I really didnt want to disrupt his sleeping habits in any way in fear they would only get worse. Well on Friday the only binkie we could find was this one that glowed in the dark. Andy was excited as he was showing Dallin the cool binkie, but Dallin wasnt too hot on the idea. In fact, he was so terrified of it that he told us he didnt want the "glow binkine". So we took it away and he went to sleep without one. Seriously. Was it that easy? THe next night the same thing, he didnt want the scary glow binkie so he fell right asleep without it again. Naps were no trouble either, we just told him he didnt need binkies any more. So its been 4 nights and 3 naps now that he has sucessfully gone down without a peep. I love my life right now!

1 comments:

Whit said...

I wish that I could take kael's away he is SO attatched to it. Drives me kinda nuts because he'll take Brady's if he can't find his. Silly kids! Glad it's worked out so easy for you.