Sunday, September 7, 2008

Snowbird

The Francom's called and invited us to go up to Snowbird yesterday. We were all over it, considering it was such a beautiful day and we really wanted to get out and do something fun! We headed up around lunch time, and figured there would be tons of food up there so we didnt really pack anything to eat or drink... BIG mistake. We searched around for about a half-hour trying to find something to eat that wasnt over $12. Even a dinky little hot dog or hamburger was over ten bucks. We almost gave up on eating when we found a little restaurant that had a decent priced menu. After ordering off the kids menu (that's right) we headed out to explore. There was one of those giant bouncey slides that the kids played in for a bit. They were eyeing the Tram so we decided to splurge and since the kids rode free we thought it would be worth the money! Dallin was in heaven and stood in the window the whole time. It was so beautiful up there and the perfect tempertature. We walked around for a bit and found a little trail to hike down. Well that was stupid, what turned into a little hill turned into a 45 degree incline on the way back up.... not so good for me wearing flip flops. It was fun though, minus the burning muscles and panting/whining kids! Kristina and I felt like we were 60 years old climbing up that stupid hill! Overall, we had a fun time, and all the boys ran wild and loved sitting on the 4-wheelers and playing with rocks, while the adults just enjoyed some good company and the beautiful outdoors. Here's some cute pictures from the day!




4 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Dallin looks so big! Looks like a fun day, except for the CRAZY expensive food, don't you hate that!!

Carly said...

How fun! It's crazy how expensive food can be at those places. When my brother got married at Solitude, they wanted like 3 bucks for a candy bar. Yeesh. Talk about highway robbery.

Kip and Lindsay said...

Ash! You are so cute! I miss you! I just barely read your post about Dalin saying FREAK and "Are you kidding me right now!" And I laughed my head off! That is probably the cutest thing I have ever heard. And I don't think you are a bad mom at all. I think Dallin could be saying a whole lot worse things! So just enjoy it and laugh! It's cute! :0)

Meghan Hendrix said...

Hahaha I was justing thinking about how much I love Snowbird.... then it made me think of our little adventure in Snowbird... remember those boys that appeared out on the balcony and just walked through the condo and left? Too funny