Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thyroid Update


So tomorrow I go get my blood drawn again to see how well the thyroid medicine I have been taking is working. It has been just about 8 weeks since I started on my meds, and I feel good. The biggest thing I have noticed is I can get through a day without DYING for a nap. Honestly, I used to struggle to keep my eyes open sometimes and I would just drag for hours. Now, I can make it through the day just fine. I would not be suprised if I still needed a higher dose though, because I havent notices much else happening. My doctor wants to draw a special antibody test that doesnt just pertain to my thyroid. He just wants to make sure there is no other autoimmune problems in any other part of my body since my thyroid antibody levels were OFF THE CHARTS. So hopefully everything is fine in that regard. So here's to another test... good thing I have already met my deductable for this year!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I hope all is well tomorrow for you Ashley. Good luck!

Holly said...

good luck! at least they finally figured out what was wrong. do you think it was from x-ray?