Tuesday, September 2, 2008

F*R*E*A*K

You know you say a word too much when your 2 year old son runs around saying "freak" all day long. I kind of want to laugh, but honestly, I feel like this terrible mom who lets her kid say anything. Am I? It is kind of embarassing to be honest and I cant believe I just confessed this to every single person out there in Cyber Land. I have tried a few things to get him to stop saying it, but the more attention I bring to it, the more he says it. The funny thing is, now all of our friends notice how much we actually do say it. Oh and yesterday we were driving and someone was going really slow in front of us... Andy was getting a bit frustrated and all the sudden Dallin said "Are you kidding me right now?" (another common term Lacy and I use on an hourly basis). What the? Did my 2 year old really just say that? AHHH what should I do, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

5 comments:

The Sylvia's said...

I am just going to duct tape my mouth...we are naughty :)

KRISTINA said...

That is awesome. At least you are not having to tell your boys to say "nuts" because what you think they are saying is not "nuts"... rhymes with "spit". :(
No really, I know how you feel. I do have a potty mouth and I am having to watch it too. I think you are doing great, freak is nothing... and the other... so stinkin cute! I suck at advice... sorry! You are not a bad mom, you ROCK!

Whit said...

How hilarious! It's funny how quick kids pick up stuff we don't even know we do! I had a question for you. I'd call but don't know your phone number. I do homeshows for this company called AtHome America (don't konw if you've heard of it) they sell home decor, it's really cute stuff and Charlene has told me how cute your house is. I was curious if you would ever be interested in doing a home show. There are lots of good incentives for hosting one, lots of free stuff and great discounts. Just wondering, if you are interested you can email me whitneymuir@gmail.com

Tell Andy hi and give that cute little man of yours a hug for me!

Whit said...

So I feel sort of dumb for that last comment I left, HONESTLY NO PRESSURE, I hope that I didn't offend you by asking if you were interested in that. I don't konw your email otherwise I'd be writing this in an email. Sorry if I did and I hope your not mad at me.

Meghan Hendrix said...

Haha I'm sorry but I think that is so cute!! Don't be so hard on yourself, he's going to pick up things from you, and alot more from other places. The other day Mckoy thought he was being funny and said something about kissing his hairy butt, I couldn't believe it and wondered where he had picked that up. Later that day we were watching Monster House, a cartoon movie, and sure enough the line was from that movie! I never would have thought he would pick that up from a cartoon movie. The best you can do is try and talk about what's ok and what's not. Honestly though the real advice I have is write it down, write down all the funny quirky things he says. Later it is so much fun to look back on all the stuff kids say!