Monday, December 22, 2008

Its a....

GIRL! We went to fetal fotos tonight for our "gender" ultrasound they call it. What a great experience that was. The girl was so nice, the place is very clean and peaceful and they spent over 35 minutes just looking around at all the cute baby features. We had a really hard time finding out the sex because the ubilical cord was between the legs the whole time, so it was easy to mistake for "male parts". The girl got one awesome shot that informed us we were having a little girl. We all screamed (okay so just me, my mom and Andy's mom) but it was so fun! We all thought it was a boy because we saw the cord, but when she put "im a girl" on the screen I about lost it. I definately wanted a girl more than a boy, but obviously would have been happy with either. She was so active during the whole scan, and we even caught her yawning. So cute. Anyway, I am just very happy to know now, and feel like I can really start preparing. Dallin was excited to learn he was having a "little sister" although he seemed to know before I even knew I was pregnant based on a few comments he made. Those little ones are so in tuned, you know! We are excited to start really talking baby names, and we have a few great ones in the running so far. Yeah! I will have to post a picture from the ultrasound when I have more time.

11 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Yay, congrats! It's been SOO much fun preparing for a baby girl, I Know you will love it too!

The Sylvia's said...

I am sooo excited for more red-headed little girls running around. She'll be just gorgeous!

The Green's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Girls are so fun!!!! You will love having a girl! I am so excited for you! I am anxious to hear what the names are that are in the running. You look so great by the way. All cute and pregnant. I miss the belly I think they are so cute. I hope you are feeling better. I swear girls knock you right off your feet! Your posts about going to bed at 8:30 sound so familiar. Hope you have a fun and merry Christmas!

Meghan Hendrix said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you! One of each, that's so nice. Plus now you get a little girl to dress up in cute bows and dresses!

Johnny and Kaley said...

Yeah! That is so exciting! Congratulations! One of each, what a perfect little family! You look great, I love your belly picture! Can't wait to see ultrasound pictures of your growing baby girl. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas! Oh and we loved your Christmas card by the way! Adorable, thanks for remembering us!

Kip and Lindsay said...

YAY...I am so excited for you Ashley! It is probably comforting to know that you will have one of each! :0)

The Durr's said...

OH my gosh yay!!!!
I am so excited for you!!!
AH!!!!

Keely & Cory O. said...

yeah! congrats. I'm excited you get to have a girl, and a new experience!

Jen Lee said...

Sugar and spice and everything nice~ Girls rock!!!

MEGGandBOBBY said...

i knew it, thats why you are showing more my sister had kenna after Ethan and it was a totally different pregnancy.. I am happy for you, you should bring the photo to bowling!!

Leslie said...

Congrats Andy and Ashley, girls are so fun. But that's all I know! Enjoy buying too many bows, clothes, and pink items! Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy!