Saturday, April 19, 2008

My little cutie pie

So I just wanted to write a little note about my adorable son Dallin. For all you mom's out there, do you ever just look at your child and want to cry because you love them so much? I do all the time. Despite the tantrums, the sleepless nights, and the chaos, my little guy is the greatest blessing ever. He is now 20 months old, and amazes me every day with his knowledge. He has always been "advanced" as we have always said. He sat up on his own at 4 months, he crawled at 6 months, and walked before 10 months. Now he is saying 4 word sentences. Some people have commented on how smart he is, but to me, he is just Dallin. I dont know what to say when people comment like that. I havent done anything special... well at least i dont think I have. Since Dallin was a baby I have talked to him like a real person, holding conversations with him, telling him about our day to come etc. Maybe he just learned quickly from that. Either way, I am just glad he his healthy and learning. I dont need him to be the smartest boy in his class, or count to a zillion or whatever. I just love him for being him. He constatly makes me laugh, he repeats everything we say (including "freaking A" thanks to uncle Nate). I am so lucky to have such a great son, and husband in my life. I look forward to many years to come full of memories, and laughter. Who knows, maybe another little Sylvia family member will join in the fun some day! For now, I will continue to live in each moment because I know Dallin will only get older and older.

1 comments:

KRISTINA said...

He is very smart, and sooo adorable. I love that little guy. You as a mother should be very proud. I think you couldn't expect anything different coming from a very smart mom. You are so smart.